Analogue Mixed-Signal / RF IC Research Assistant
- Carry out innovative research in Analogue Mixed-Signal / RF integrated circuit design.
- Participate on research projects under the direction of a project team leader to develop new architectures, circuits and algorithms.
- With guidance, carry out aspects of integrated circuit design which may include system level simulation, algorithm development, schematic design, layout and validation of manufactured silicon.
- Work on collaborative projects with MCCI industry partners.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of senior MCCI research staff.
Microelectronic Circuits Centre Ireland (MCCI) is an EI / IDA technology centre hosted at Tyndall National Institute – University College Cork in collaboration with the University of Limerick. Its mission is to carry out industry-led world-class mixed-signal and RF integrated circuit research to deliver trained people and IP to industry. MCCI is already collaborating with 23 companies and many of our staff eventually transfer into the thriving microelectronics industry in Ireland. MCCI targets real-life applications with its research and currently has projects in diverse topics such as DNA detection for food safety, next generation optical communications, bio-sensing, imaging for security applications and early cancer detection.
Required experience and qualifications:
- The minimum academic qualification is a first or upper second class honours degree (or an equivalent international degree) in electrical engineering, electronic engineering, physics or related relevant discipline.
- The successful candidate will be highly innovative with a strong desire to create world-beating integrated circuits research for real-life applications.
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical with good interpersonal and organisational skills.
To apply for this position please click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to complete the associated application form.