Postdoctoral Researcher-Analogue to Digital Converters
- Carry out and lead innovative research in Analogue Mixed-Signal integrated circuit design in the area of ADC and/or sensor interfaces.
- Take a leadership role on existing research projects under the direction of a Principal Investigator to develop new architectures, circuits and algorithms.
- Design Analogue Mixed Signal Circuits, which may include system level simulation, algorithm development, schematic design, layout and validation of manufactured silicon.
- Work on collaborative research projects with MCCI industry partners who include companies such as Xilinx, Analog Devices, Cypress, On Semi and M/A-COM.
- Engage in the dissemination and publication of the results of the research aiming for high quality publications such as ISSCC and JSSC.
- Mentor Masters, Ph.D. students and junior research staff.
Microelectronic Circuits Centre Ireland (MCCI) is an EI / IDA technology centre hosted at Tyndall National Institute – University College Cork in collaboration with the University of Limerick. Its mission is to carry out industry-led world-class mixed-signal and RF integrated circuit research to deliver trained people and IP to industry.
MCCI targets real-life applications with its research and currently has projects in diverse topics such as next generation smart-phones, imaging for security applications and radiation-less early cancer detection.
Digitally-Assisted-Analogue techniques such as digital pre-distortion, post-correction and calibration can be used in such deep-submicron technologies to improve the performance of traditional Analogue circuits and these techniques are at the core of MCCI research.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- The minimum academic qualification is a PhD post graduate degree in Analogue Mixed Signal Design, preferably in the area of Data Converters or sensor interfaces.
- Experience of integrated circuits from specification to tape-out and silicon validation is required.
- Experience leading small research teams and/or mentoring is desirable.
- A track record of generating novel ideas which improve on state of the art is required.
- Publications in IEEE conferences and journals such as ISSCC, JSSC, ESSCIRC, CICC, VLSI Symposium, RF IC, TCAS-I is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be highly innovative with a strong desire to create world-beating integrated circuits for real-life applications.
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical with good interpersonal and organisational skills.
To apply for this position please click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to complete the associated application form.