Senior Layout Design Engineer
Reporting to the MCCI Operations Manager, the Senior Layout Design Engineer will be responsible for executing and assisting the layout activity in the center, including methodology, planning, area estimation, floorplanning, and verifying analogue mixed signal layout. They will also be responsible for layout of supporting digital circuitry, IO / padring, full-chip integration and tapeout.
- Execute and support the layout engineering activities across a range of research projects targeting a variety of mainly CMOS process nodes (spanning 0.35um to 28nm) and potentially other CMOS bulk, FinFet and FDSOI, SiGe BiCMOS, GaN and other technologies
- Read circuit schematics
- Implement full custom mixed-signal analogue layout
- Implement digital layout
- Floorplan full chip, assemble IO ring, and integrate full chip layout
- Verify all layouts meet foundry DRC, LVS, ERC, density, etc. requirements
- Complete all necessary tapeout steps relating to layout
- Work closely with circuit design researchers in floorplan, power/ground arrangement, critical nets, matched devices, block interface, top level integration and schedule assessment.
- Contribute to methodology initiatives to accelerate design layout
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Minimum of a Degree in Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in full-custom analogue mixed-signal CMOS layout
- At least 2 years’ experience at or below 90nm
- Evidence of successful execution of Analogue, Mixed-signal or RF layout at block level through to tapeout
- Experience with 28nm process node
- Experience with other IC technologies such as FinFet, FDSOI, SiGe BiCMOS & GaN
- Solid understanding of techniques for optimizing device/component matching and minimizing parasitics
- Good understanding of layout proximity effects that are significant in deep-submicron processes
- Basic understanding of semiconductor devices and process
- Familiar with UNIX / LINUX working environment
- Familiar with Cadence layout tools (esp. Virtuoso layout XL)
- Familiar with Mentor Calibre tools
- Good planning, organisational and communication skills
- Strong evidence of being a self-starter
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply click Here
Microelectronic Circuits Centre Ireland (MCCI) is an EI / IDA technology centre hosted at Tyndall National Institute in collaboration with the University of Limerick. Its mission is to carry out industry-led world-class mixed-signal and RF integrated circuit research to deliver trained people and IP to industry. MCCI is already collaborating with 27 companies and many of our staff eventually transfer into the thriving microelectronics industry in Ireland. MCCI targets real-life applications with its research and currently has projects in diverse topics such as DNA detection for food safety next generation optical communications, bio-sensing, imaging for security applications and early cancer detection.
MCCI is carrying out innovative research in the areas of mmWave Radio Frequency, Frequency Synthesis, high speed optical transceivers, high performance data-converters and power management integrated circuits to enable new applications. As microelectronics chips are manufactured in ever smaller geometries the performance of Analogue and Mixed-Signal circuits degrade while at the same time digital logic becomes cheaper, smaller and lower power. Digitally-Assisted-Analogue techniques such as digital pre-distortion and calibration can be used in such deep sub-micron technologies to improve the performance of traditional Analogue circuits and these techniques are at the core of MCCI research.