MCCI actively works to improve the microelectronics ecosystem in Ireland and thus is focused on delivering benefits to both industrial and academic research partners.
- Direction of a multi-million euro research spend.
- Creation of a skills pool directly relevant to members.
- Access to IP at rates discounting for contributions.
- First sight and first options on IP from MCCI projects.
- Putting companies in contact with research partners.
- MCCI facilitation of public funding applications.
- Project access to MCCI CAD tools, IP and ASIC manufacturing.
- Dedicated MCCI office space in Tyndall with hot desks for visiting members.
- Network with industrial members to develop business opportunities.
- Access to the combined experience of industrial and academic members.
- Access to a multi-million euro source of funding solely for microelectronics research.
- MCCI facilitation of supplemental funding applications from other sources.
- Guidance and market knowledge from industry leading experts in their field.
- Very high chance of publication at key conferences.
- Very high chance of IP commercialisation.
- Access to EDA tools with no tool support or commercialisation restrictions.
- Development and demonstration of new skills with industry career path potential.
- Putting researchers in contact with the right industrial partner.
- Expert advice from industry, other researchers and Technical Steering Group.